Monday, December 20, 2004

The Pill

So not unlike the Walmart documentary that I enjoyed on CNBC last month, I tonite enjoyed a PSB documentary on The Pill. A lot of the research for the pill was in MA (go MA) which is surprising because any form of contraception in the 50s was illegal, mostly b/c MA is so Catholic. It then segwayed (sp?) into the Pill empowering women - which I'd heard before but it talked specifically about women being able to be doctors and lawyers post-pill since women wouldn't get pregnant during residency or mid-trial. Also that when the pill first started it was super super strong and thus had lots of side effects so women started lobbying Congress to have more research done - which then got women involved in politics. Two "empowering women with the pill" stories I hadn't heard before. Just thought I'd share this all w/ you. The show was fun - check your local schedule. Here's the website.

The only other thing to comment on tonite is the fact that is is currently 7 degrees in Boston. Which is super big news for Boston - I think it got below 32 for only 4 or 5 days last winter. But it will warm up for Christmas, yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home