Sunday, December 26, 2004

Second try

So I'm redoing my blog - during yesterday's writing I my computer spontaneously restarted thus my blog was not saved. I'll do my best to redo it just as well this time :)

Right now, I'm watching She's All That and reminiscing about the endless hours that Heather sucked me into watching this genre of movies. By the way, am I wrong in saying that this is exactly the same movie as 10 Things I Hate About You and they must've come out within a year or two of each other? I'm now going to link the movie to the sites but haven't yet looked at the dates - but I'm betting a dollar they're within 2 years. This one may get the edge because of Usher though :)

Thank you to Christina and Michael for turning me onto Daily Candy - I like it a lot :) And the fact that the Nokia fashion line of phones is advertising on the site (I'm using the 7610 right now). The newsletter showed me this card designer - super fun. I like the World Champions set.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas - for the first time in my 25 Christmases, I didn't celebrate with my family. But John and I had a good time. We went to Big P**** Matt's family's house on Christmas Eve in Worcester. On Christmas Day, we opened stockings, made breakfast, opened presents, and the played with our presents (My top present - a very nice Kenneth Cole largish handbag - thank you John) until about 2pm when we left to go skiing. We went to Wachusett near Worcester which wasn't huge but good enough for a girl who got new skiis for Christmas. And with $8 discount/ticket with our AAA cards we were happy campers :)

On run #1, John and I went to the Blue runs which was a big mistake. I went the wrong way, went way way way too fast, and crashed a couple of times before making it to the bottom about 10 minutes after John. He was scared I died but I didn't - I was just very flustered. So we headed to the little green runs where I did very good :) Not kidding, I wasn't horrible. We ended the night with the blue runs, this time I made it :) Yeah, I'm turning into a skiier.

Side note - the crowd was half families, half Asian people trying to ski. A weird mix until John reminded me that the only restaurants open on Christmas Day are the Chinese ones (remember from the You'll Shoot Your Eye out movie) so it makes since that Asian people that don't own restaurants are not working and not celebrating Christmas so why not ski. With this theory, it seemed like there should have been an overflow of Jews skiing as well but this was not the case. Discuss among yourselves.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any movies this Christmas season - but I saw Meet the Fockers topped the box office. Who saw what and what was good? Anybody heard anything about Hotel Rwanda? This article was interesting, written by the author. I feel like Michael will know something about it? yes?

1 Comments:

At December 28, 2004 12:51 AM, Blogger Brad said...

Meet the Fockers > Meet the Parents

http://216.177.77.86/blog/2004/12/iblog.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home