Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Conspiracy Theory

I could kill Boston cabbies. Literally. I'm pretty sure that they've had a bad time in recent cabbie union negotiations, and because they are unhappy with their rates (even though they're higher than just about anywhere), they have decided to stick it to those they drive. In the last month, I've encountered 4 count 'em 4 cabbies who don't have change for my $20. And I'm not taking $3 cabs - I've taken $14, $8, $9, and $12 fares for which they've not had change. And, for example with the $9 fare, they had $0 in change. They only have a $10 but not a single, I understand (sort of). But just driving around with nothing but $20 in their pockets. Damn them.

Tonight, I encountered a parking attendant who not only did not have change for my $20 for a $12 parking fee, he also parked my car in with 4 cars and then yelled at me that I didn't go to dinner longer (I parked for 2 hours). When I parked, I told him I was going to dinner. He thought I'd be at dinner for "4 or 5 hours" so he parked me in the inside. I couldn't decide if he was an idiot or an asshole when he was bitching at me for not having change and for having a short dinner. He should start being a cabbie.

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2005 4:49 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Oh girl, I feel you. You know I had my share of problems with Boston cabbies. None seemed to know where they were going, then some got self righteous about it.
Cabbie turns the wrong way on 3rd:
Me - 486 is the other way, between H and I.
Cabbie - This is 3rd St. (As if I'd just take it from there.)
At that point I got snotty back and started point out the succession of numbers and letters, both going away from 486 and H, respectively.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home