Monday, January 24, 2005

A saying I hate

I wish I had never heard "Once you're thirsty, you're already starting to get dehydrated. Drink water before you're thirsty." It's because the only time I ever think of it is when I'm thirsty without reason - without physical activity or hot weather to make it make sense to be thirsty.

And when these times happen (one just a few minutes ago) and I go for a drink of water and think of this saying, it makes me pissed off. I know that water is good for you and you should drink a lot, but sometimes when I randomly get thirsty, I'm disappointed in myself for not thinking of drinking something sooner. But the only way for me to have thought of it sooner was if I got thirsty earlier which puts me in the same position. It is a catch-22.

And, on a totally different note, I forgot that I created another catch-22 in which I found lots of humor - I was discussing the scenario with Bejota in reference to him and I don't think he found it funny. You be the judge. (as a disclaimer - this started b/c Bejota was talking about being straight not about hooking up with a dude)

So you say you're a straight man. "How do you know you're straight?" Because you like women. But, as we know, some gay men used to like women. And they didn't go gay till were with a man. So comes the catch-22 - in order to prove you're really a straight man, you need to be with a man to be sure you don't like it. Otherwise you may be gay but just haven't found out through a little man-on-man action that you like men.

So, essentially, to prove you're straight, hook up with a man and hate it. Then, you're straight for sure.

And finally, Mischa Barton was in Notting Hill as "American Starlet". Can anyone remember that?

1 Comments:

At January 29, 2005 3:31 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Lo siento - I'm pretty sure I'm the person who told you that once you're thirsty it's too late....along with 75% of Americans are dehydrated. Drink up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home