Sunday, February 06, 2005

Did it in the NYC

I'm back in Boston after a long weekend in NYC - sorry for not giving notice that I'd be away from the blog for a few days. It was a good time - I don't really have many pix to post or I would. I got to hit Manhattan during Restaurant Week which was fun - eating in nice restaurants for $35 price fix (I don't know how to spell it correctly) was clutch.

I was in the city with my mom and aunt for the weekend - my aunt was there for a conference so she secured a hotel room in Midtown for us - thank you State of Washington for covering that. We saw La Cage au Falles on Broadway, which is the play upon which The Birdcage is based. Lots of boys dressed up as boys, good times. Word on the street (ok not on the street) is that they're going to pull a Chicago and turn it directly into a movie version of the play. Watch for it.

I got to meet up with Michael and Glenn, my friend Kris, and Ms. Kerry Keyes (who will soon become Dr. Kerry Keyes Wild (that's hot)). I liked that the restaurant Kerry and I ate at had a sign on the door something like "No Stroller Allowed. Space is Tight." I concur. While out with Michael at a gay club, we believe that we saw Austin from Project Runway.

Strange NY Happening of the Weekend: I was informed by a sales associate at Bloomingdale's that they "No longer carry Kenneth Cole" so apparently Mr. Bloomingdale and Mr. Cole got in a scuffle they were unable to resolve. Weird. Lucky, KC had filled his store on Fifth with sale items so I was able to find a cute top at 70% off anyway. However, my quest for a new winter coat went unfulfilled.

I made my inaugural visit to Room and Board this weekend and really liked this chair and footstool. They still have expensive-ish stuff but not crazy. I like-y.

2 Comments:

At February 07, 2005 6:18 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Ohh fun - I like Project Runway. If Austin is as flamboyant in person as he is on the show, he should be pretty easy to spot. Does he have an assistant that follows him around with a fire extinguisher? Get it - he's flaming.
PS - Anyhow, if you like that stuff from Room & Board, you can put in a call to Man Thong and see if he'll cut you a deal.
PPS - I'm also in a fight with Bloomingdales now. I got Kenneth's back.
Wow, that was like 3 comments in 1.

 
At February 11, 2005 7:10 PM, Blogger Stephen M. Bauer said...

Lucky you, eating at those restaurants and going to Broadway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home