Saturday, February 19, 2005

Nate

So my cousin is in town this weekend and we're doing the tourist thing. I figured out that when you live in Boston but want to tour people, you can take the trolley for *free* with a paid ticket. So, essentially for half price, we went on the trolley tour. Good times - I like their promotion.

Our tour guide was Nate, pictured below. For having the worst haircut ever, he was actually a surprisingly good tour guide. Best new Boston fact of the day is in regards to Edgar Allen Poe.

Poe grew up in Boston, then attended West Point. He was stationed at Fort Independence (which is across the bay from the beach by my house in Southie). After serving at Fort Independence, he wrote The Cask of Amontillado. The new trivia is this: Though the story is set in Italy, it is actually based on a true story from his days at Fort Independence in Boston. HS English teachers should start sharing that - it would make things more fun.

OK- back to Nate. Seriously scary hair. I think he thought I thought he was hot and that's why I was taking his picture. Clearly not the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home