Saturday, February 12, 2005

So many questions

Mr. Johnnie Chennault, 29, of Springfield, TN is headed to Iraq. Not big news. Except it's news cause he has 11 kids. Yep, 11.

My first question was "He's 29 but has a 17 year old?" I thought even this was extreme for the South. But turns out 4/11 kids were from her earlier marriage.

Second, if the Navy, Army, Marines, and Air Force won't take volunteers with that many children, isn't that a sign you shouldn't be ditching your family to be in the military? Apparently not for him, he found that the Navy Reserves would take him.

My third question was is it 1955? or 2005? This question was raised because of this quote from his wife:

"We go to a really good church, and they talk in there a lot about the husband's and the wife's role, what the Bible says is the husband's and wife's role," she explains. "And my role is to support my husband. My mother told me when I got married, 'Your life is about him, and you need to be there for him."'

Um yeah.

UPDATE: Announced the day he left for Iraq, his wife is pregnant with child #12.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home