Friday, March 18, 2005

Good idea once again, Target

I just came across this gift card machine in a train station in Boston and think it's a fabulous idea. I'm sure it was left over from a Christmas shopping initiative, but even outside of the holiday shopping season it makes sense. How much does it suck when you have to drive around to all the stores to buy gift cards for holiday gifts? Almost as much of a pain in the ass as buying actual gifts for people in stores.

While I anticipate that Alicia will counter that all shopping should be done online (which I agree with) I have to say that at least being able to buy a giftcard easily during your normal daily activities. I like idea and hope Target expands the program.

I actually saw in some convenience stations around the holidays they had a wide variety of gift cards available for purchase - for Best Buy, Target, Home Depot, etc. Pretty convenient, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home