Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The Left

I've started watching Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO and really like it - his show makes a lot of sense on HBO as opposed to the little sense it made to run on one of the networks a few years ago - ABC perhaps? It works on HBO.

2 things from the show:

"We know there's something wrong with this country when people that work at Wal-Mart are the people that favor repealing the estate tax."

I couldn't have said it better myself. The religious right is using the "Gays erode family value" speech to get everything they want voted for. So frustrating but until the Democrats figure out a way to expose and take advantage of this fact it's going to continue.

  • This poll question was on Bill Maher's website:

Is it politically incorrect to point out that alleged rapist Brian Nichols' (the guy that shot up GA) guard, a five-foot-one-inch 51-year-old grandmother named Cynthia Hall, should perhaps not have been guarding the 33-year-old former college linebacker who stands 6'1" and weighs 210 pounds?

1 Comments:

At March 23, 2005 9:04 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

Ooh, Thomas Frank. My friend Roxie has filled me in on What's the Matter with Kansas. It sounds v. interesting. He wrote another book I want to read - One Market Under God (or something like that).
I have enjoyed Bill Maher for a long time. I recommend you see one of his stand-up specials. Hilarious. See if Netflix has it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home