Saturday, March 19, 2005

New Gopher Stadium - TCF Stadium?

I was disappointed to read this article that talks about TCF being a contender to secure the proposed Gopher football stadium naming rights. Here's a quote from the article: "The benefits for a lead sponsor, in addition to public goodwill, typically include..."

There will be no "public goodwill" from me for this company. I'll say it - I don't like TCF. To put things in perspective, here's my top 5 list of most hated companies:

1) Wal-Mart
2) TCF
3) Mr & Mrs. Chan's Realty Company
4) Applebee's
5) Best Buy

So, naming the stadium after Wal-Mart would be worse, but that's about it. Hopefully, the stadium goes through but somebody else ends up with naming rights. Hell, I'd even go for Best Buy Gopher Stadium (per the list above).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home