Wednesday, March 02, 2005

What? You pay Madison's tuition rate? That's crazy.

Since my freshman year when one of my Wisconsin friends (likely Christina) explained how reciprocity between Minnesota and Wisconsin worked, I've thought the system was bullshit. To me, reciprocity works like it does between Minnesota and South Dakota - essentially, you can go to school in SD and pay as though you were an instate student. To me, that makes sense.

But the fact that WI students are paying Madison rates to attend the U just seems crazy. I think there should be reciprocity, but they shouldn't get a better deal than a MN resident. The news of the day is that this crazy system may soon change - there's a bill in the legislature right now that would change the tuition rates WI students pay to attend the U. (And obviously, the rate MN students pay to attend Madison). I hope it happens.

Another education related article - this article gives lots of facts about how much more likely you are to go to jail if you don't get a HS education. It's specifically related to MN which I like.

1 Comments:

At March 02, 2005 1:05 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

I never knew that's how it worked. Who came up with that way to do reciprocity? I don't say this much, but why can't they just do it like South Dakota does?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home