Monday, April 04, 2005

Change of wedding plans

I am thinking that the proposed change of date of Charles and Camilla's wedding is more a sign of respect to the Pope rather than a true scheduling nightmare. I can't imagine more than 10 people are going to be "invited" to both the Pope's funeral and the wedding - and the Queen isn't going to the wedding so it's just Tony Blair who has a conundrum.

What percent of Brits are Catholic - maybe 5%? 3%? 2%? Not many... And even if they were, they'd be able to be glued to their TVs for the funeral and wedding - do remember the Brit's work ethic and attention to celebrity...

UPDATE - I was wrong. I assumed the Queen rather than Price Charles would attend the Pope's funeral. Wrong. Wedding rescheduled to Sat AM - if you've already picked up your April 8 wedding memorabilia, good job. It's expected to surge in value since they're actually getting married the 9th. Hope you got in on this one, Marc, like you did w/ Pope Soap on a Rope.

2 Comments:

At April 04, 2005 2:38 PM, Blogger Brad said...

Didn't they reschedule so Charles could attend the funeral to represent those Brits?

 
At April 04, 2005 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The value of my pope soap on a rope has more than doubled. You can even check it on ebay. Gotta love that Pope! As for the Royal wedding, I am still plotting to sleep with Prince William. There has got to be a way. I think I will try Alicia's method of cheap booze and painkillers to induce him into it. -Marc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home