Saturday, April 23, 2005

Mile High Club: Laura's Travel Newsletter

  • Since I'm a member of the "when-I-get-shitty-service-I-write-a-complaint-letter" club, I thought I'd share this item about if you get bumped to a different airline than the original one you bought a ticket on and you don't get the miles you wanted. Good to know.

  • As a rule you'll get screwed transferring miles from one airline program to another, but it's good to know it's possible. Here's an overview.

  • Orbitz's Deal Detector rules. It allows you to select the dates for travel (including if you have flexible travel dates), say if you'll only consider non-stop flights, pick up to three airlines to limit the search to (for your frequent flyer programs), and then to tell them to email you if the price drops below a certain $ amount. Perfect.

1 Comments:

At April 24, 2005 5:45 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Travelocity will do the same thing - Farewatcher.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home