Saturday, April 02, 2005

On the interweb on the plane

So I like the idea of internet access on airplanes approximately a hundred times better than the use of cell phones during flights. Business people could be in contact with work and get stuff done on the plane, and we would only be subjected to the pit-pat of fingers on keyboards instead of people yaking about shit in the seat next to us. If this were affordable, I'd consider doing it. Plus, all the business people can expense it so that's cool.

I also like the comments in the article about in flight internet access potentially being an income source for cash strapped airlines. I think airlines should focus on add-ons rather than raising rates and cutting expenses - this is how virtually all other businesses make profits.

I tried to think of more things I'd like on the plane and would be willing to pay for... NOT $5 for crappy headphones and not $10 for a crappy sandwich... Hmmm... what would I like on flights and be willing to pay for...

1) Access to satellite TV - live TV w/ lots of channels. I know JetBlue does this on their flights for free, but I think I'd pay $5 for this type of access on a regular flight.

2) Martinis

3) Internet usage as outlined above

4) Chipotle

5) Massages

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home