Monday, April 04, 2005

Volunteer border patrol?

The idea of "Minutemen" volunteering to help guard the Mexico-US border just doesn't sound like a good idea. Thank you to NPR for providing interviewers with some of the Minutemen and those staked out protesting the volunteer border patrol - I like that they're keeping me in the loop...

Per the sounds of the Minutemen interviews, combined with my idea of the type of people that would volunteer for this duty, it just seems like an accident waiting to happen. Not to mention that it seems like a short term solution to a long term problem - if you consider illegal immigrants a huge problem... because I'm not exactly sure that I do...

This just makes me think of Mary's second cousin from San Diego that is offical border patrol on the Cali - Mexico border...

Point - Counterpoint - another blogger's opinion of the Minutemen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home