Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Huge announcement?

I'm sure you've all heard about the new, fourth brand Gap is launching this fall. Remember, the big announcement back on April 22? Yeah, me neither.

My jaw literally dropped when I googled "Fourth and Towne" the name of the chain and it came up with 4 items. 2 were talking about the Gap chain. I've got to wonder about the PR firm of the Gap Corporation - why wouldn't you play up this "big" announcement? I'm confused.

I wish I had an insider friend that worked for the company that could give me news on this fourth brand. But, if I had a friend like this, I'm sure that friend would've contacted me back in April to tell me the name of the new store. But no...

2 Comments:

At May 18, 2005 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about this last fall...the story was that they are actually targeting people like me (over 50) but since we all think we're still 40ish they say it's for the 35 & up crowd. You know, if it said "baby boomer store" none of us would go near it for fear of polyester pantsuits with elastic waists ala Alfred Dunner and Koret.
So how long till we can shop at one in Minneapolis?

 
At May 18, 2005 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I googled "Fourth & Towne" and discovered that the place you linked to had actually spelled the store name wrong...it is Forth & Towne.
Of course, Google asked me on my 1st try if I meant Town, not Towne. What would we do without Google?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home