Saturday, May 28, 2005

I know he's an author but...

Has anyone read any books by Dean Koontz? I just saw he had a new book, Velocity, come out, and realized he's written a load of books. I've never read him, nor do I know anyone who has read his books, nor do I have any preconcieved notion about what his books are like. I have a bad feeling he's the male version of Danielle Steel - written a lot of books, all about sort of the same subject matter, sells lots of books I'm not overly interested in ready.

Does anyone have more insight about this author?

3 Comments:

At May 28, 2005 11:39 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

I believe you're right about the male Danielle Steele. My initial thought was that we're too young and too educated to read Dean Koontz.

 
At May 29, 2005 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he writes scary/horror type books - the kind you might think would really happen to you. For that reason, I've never read his books, either.

 
At May 30, 2005 6:28 AM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I've read a few of his books. He's good with character development, but in every story, about ten pages from the end, it's almost as if he was called by his editor and told he had one hour to give him the story...

The endings are kind of flat, with no substance.

Early Peter Straub & very early Steven King are much better in the horror/macbre genre. I prefer Tom Clancy myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home