Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I'm not in Kansas anymore

I was watching the Today Show this morning, and their Live for Today ballroom dancing portion of the show on the Plaza was interrupted by showers. At that point, I went online to check the weather and make sure I shouldn't bring my umbrella with me to class. Weather.com said sunny, so I left to get my drippy Starbucks and catch the bus.

Only right now in class while reading Boston.com and an article talked about the recent gloomy weather, did I realize that I don't live in Boston, thus the weather on the Today show is not weather I'll be seeing appx. 4 hours later. The Today Show was fabulous when I lived in Boston - most weather you saw on TV would arrive in Boston later in the day.

However, Today Show weather will not hit Minneapolis later in the day.

Note to self.

1 Comments:

At May 25, 2005 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're experienceing a mild version of culture shock. Doesn't it already seem like you've been living in Minneapolis forever? I'v already stopped picturing you climbing the stairs to your Boston apartment, and it's only been 3 weeks since you moved back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home