Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Europe books

I'm trying to get packed for my trip and am trying to decide what books to bring with me. I'm definately bringing a few magazines - they're nice b/c when you're done reading them you can just toss them. As for books, I'm looking for books I can share with the others in my group; makes sense that all of us read them if we're going to haul them around for 3 weeks...

I'm thinking about Middlesex, I heard from someone its good and I think we could all read it. Other than that, I'm not sure other books that'd be good. I want good books that are worth carrying around, thick enough to take a while to read, but good reads worth carrying around. Get what I'm saying?

Let me know if you have any suggestions...

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2005 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kerri gave me middlesex for christmas one year and it was so bizarre and weird that i quit the book. i dont reccomend. i didnt like it. but it did win awards and shit.
-natalie

 
At June 23, 2005 7:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hit the consignment store yesterday for 2 books I can share or toss on the trip: Body of Lies by Iris Johansen (how scandinavian!!) and Silent Partner by Jonathan Kellerman. Both are detective type mysteries. They're also small paperbacks.
Right now I'm reading "The Other Boleyn Girl" 1500's England historical novel about King Henry's wives. It's very good, wish I had started it as the trip began! But it's a library book, so it will stay home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home