Sunday, July 10, 2005

Its no taxation museum but...

Today I visited the Leprosy Museum in Bergen. Marc will be excited his name is mentioned, but sad that I have not yet visited any Postal, Taxation, or Tariff museums on this trip. I love weird museums. This was a great museum - leprosy hit Norway the hardest of any of the European countries until it was erradicated (sp?) in 1946. Interesting guided tour.

After that, we went to a Stave Church, only 20 remain in Norway. Also visited Edvard Griegg's Troldhaugen home-museum, he composed Prye Gynt which I knew prior to visiting. The visit to both was on a guided bus tour which proved quite interesting.

Yesterday, I spent most of the day shopping. Got a cute purse and 2 necklaces but that's about it for my souveniers from this trip. Last night we took the oogle-boogle (not the real name but that's how all the Norweigan words sound here) up to the highest of the 7 mountain-hills surrounding Bergen. It was a good view and we had dinner at the top. Fun.

Tomorrow we fly to Stavanger, Noway for a 2 day visit. I will try to visit the Canning Museum there and give y'all an update. I know you're dying to find out about Norway's lg canning industry...

1 Comments:

At July 11, 2005 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoop whoop. I love the name callouts!
-Marc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home