Monday, July 18, 2005

News of the day

A couple of things to talk about...

McDonald's is planning on revamping their uniforms with possible designers being Fubu, Tommy Hilfinger, Phat Farm, etc. The point being that teen workers will wear the cool new uniforms on their leisure time and thus push the McDonalds brand into their peer groups. I can't decide how I feel about this.

I've heard so much about Happy Endings in the last few days, it's kinda weird. I want to see it - what do you think?

I just heard about the Northwestern (IL) Women's Lacrosse team winning the national championship and visiting the White House wearing flip flops. It's bigger news than I'd expect and once again I'm not sure how I feel about it... I guess I wouldn't wear flip flops if I visited the Pres, but thinking about 20 year old super athletes who looked nice, not trashy, wearing flip flops makes sense. I do think those Old Navy plastic platform sandals that girls wear with skirts and try to look dressed up look ridiculous. But I don't think that as a rule flip flops are completely inappropriate...

1 Comments:

At July 20, 2005 10:20 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

You can't decide how you feel about McDonald's trying to make cool uniforms so workers will wear them in their free time? Let me tell you that's a jackass idea. I thought perhaps they had the teens' best interest in mind, but apparently they want to reach the 5 people on Earth who haven't heard of McDonald's yet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home