Sunday, July 24, 2005

The Rove game

If you haven't been watching The Daily Show with Jon Stewart lately, start. Now. Tonight. 11 EST/10 CST. Seriously, the show is so funny, and actually delivers news with the correct (notice I didn't say RIGHT) slant I'm looking for.

Pure comedy when Jon interviewed the man who wrote 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America (and Al Franken is #37). Jon just clowned the author over the fact the Jimmy Carter and Barbara Streisand also both appear on the list. The man tried convincing Jon that the left influence in Hollywood is more strongly influencing America today than the conservative right in DC. Jon pretty much said, um yeah right, you're dumb.

Also a classic show - Jon's take on the whole Rove issue. Again Jon's take is "are you f-ing kidding me? This whole thing is ridiculous! Why has he not been fired and accept blame and end the whole thing?" It's fun to hear someone on TV agreeing with me. Okay maybe the other way around but you know what I mean.

On the Rove topic, this FactCheck.org article about the Rove issue does a nice job of recapping everything. I liked reading through this - it made me feel smart. I signed up for the FactCheck.org enewsletter and would recomend it. I'm not sure if it's endorsed by either side (even though I realize it says it's fair and unbiased I don't always believe what I'm told) but I think it's ok...

Note to mom - Comedy Central is something you can get if you get a dish rather than the 5 channels you have now. Think about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home