Saturday, September 24, 2005

Bob

I'm going to give kudos to Twin Cities Public Television for its advertising efforts for Monday's Bob Dylan show directed by Martin Scorsese, "No Direction Home: Bob Dylan". I saw 2 or 3 advertisements for the show - at least 1 bus billboard plus maybe a TV ad (running on a station other than TPT). Also kudos to the PR for the show - quite a few articles have recommended it.

I am quite loyal to NPR/MPR but realized that I haven't watched TPT in years - probably since high school (remember I was a loser in HS and watched Almanac on Friday nights with my mom). I've been wanting to watch more TPT and maybe this will be a good way to ease myself into it...

Tune in Monday night at 8pm for the Bob Dylan show (the conclusion is Tuesday night at 8) so we can compare notes afterwards :)

UPDATE: I'm watching part 1 of 2 of the series and so far so good. Remember you can still catch part 2 Tuesday night at 8 on channel 2. Or, just Netflix the whole damn thing.

My favorite quote so far: "I enrolled at the University of Minnesota but didn't really go to class. I just didn't feel like it. I was busy all night and just didn't have time for classes and studying."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home