Sunday, September 18, 2005

Paper statements?

As I'm sorting through credit card and bank statements for the last few years, and deciding that my building's dumpster is sketchy enough that I'd better shread them, I began debating if I even need them at all.

Have I EVER gone back to my paper statement for reference?

Do I need a "paper trail"?

Why am I, a somewhat early adapter to computers, still getting paper statements?

I don't know.

What's your take on electronic vs. paper statements?

The only pro-paper statement I have is that I heard about a woman who wrote a book as a chronicle of her life based on her credit card / bank statements. Rehashing her life thorugh her purchases, essentially. I can't find the book online, $1 to you if you can find it. I know NPR and/or the Today show talked about it in 2005.

I like the idea of this book but I'm sure Alicia will be quick to point out I'll never write a book, thus it's not a good reason to keep statements. And I should thow out a bunch of other sh*t from my apartment. Lo siento, not happening.

1 Comments:

At September 18, 2005 11:40 PM, Blogger Brad said...

a google search for '"credit card" site:npr.org' turned up your book as the first result...

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4815563

 

Post a Comment

<< Home