Friday, October 28, 2005

Clean teeth

I got a clean bill of health from my dentist this morning - no cavities, yeah! I was a bit disappointed b/c under my new dental insurance, I can get cavities filled for free... so bring on the cavities... just kidding?

I did, however, find out that I am closer than I'd like to be to getting a root canal on tooth #19. Poor tooth #19. If it hurts, I need to go in and get the tooth killed. But until then, I'm in a holding pattern.

I know Missy and Amy and Mary (in Panama I believe???) have had root canals - how bad are they really? Is it only girls that have teeth problems? Is it normal for almost 26 year olds to get root canals?

2 Comments:

At October 28, 2005 12:01 PM, Blogger Thomas J Wolfenden said...

I've had six... All in my late 20's, and they aren't the most pleasant thing in the world... Most had to be completed in several visits.

And right now I'd kill for a halfway decent dental plan...Funny, it was the one thing I lost in my divorce I could really use now. I have one tooth that I'm tempted to do a little "home dentestry" on. I've been eating ibuprofin like they're M&M's...

 
At October 29, 2005 12:03 PM, Blogger AMF said...

Although I did not have a root canal, just a crown, I don't feel like such a drug addict that I've been eating Advil like candy...and begging for vicodin (from the Ranger Tom above).

Just be glad that you have good dental insurance because dental work, as I have come to find out is very expensive. And of course MS Metlife does not cover as much as you'd expect. BOO MS :(

But if you do have some work done, make sure you have plenty of ibprofin or advil just incase you have a lot of pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home