Saturday, October 01, 2005

MBA/Mrs.

Alicia and I are on a roadtrip this weekend and have been introduced to the world of grad school for business students. I know people who have gone to PT school, med school, getting masters in something else... but Business School is different. You have a careful balance of social (drinking your face off) and business (very hard classes many many group projects). You also have 70% male - 30% female ratio at most American business schools. I likey.

Thursday night we went out with Christina and friends in Madison. Alicia and I were State Street virgins and I give it 2 thumbs up. Hightlights included:
The "stock market" bar - though we really didn't take advantage
The bar with a tree in it (not a real one Frank Lloyd Wright style though)
Yummy Ian's - Ivan's - Ike's pizza

Also to be noted is Christina and Mel's big pimping apartment. Good stuff.

Friday, we visited a few sites (I'll post pix next week) in beautiful SE WI and then got into Evanston to visit Zippy and Jen and have free beer. That is correct - Northwestern MBAs have "TG" as in Thank Goodness... at 5pm each Friday afternoon. TG includes free beer and apps and was fun. Again, 2 thumbs up.

We had yummy Flat Top grill for dinner, then went out with Natalie (in from SF w/ BF Michael) and my friend Amy and fiancee Marc (both of whom I worked with at Nokia). Fun was had by all although I'll confirm the $30 cab ride home to Evanston is a downgrade.

More later... the saga continues...

1 Comments:

At October 01, 2005 10:21 PM, Blogger mkecurler said...

did you have a blast in Madison? Next time you go, stop by the FlatIron Tavern and Great Dane- good times to be had there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home