Thursday, October 20, 2005

St. Louis Fun

I was able to watch the last game in the old Busch Stadium last night - from across the street, that is... I met Flores and Jennifer (Jenny?) at the MetroLink stop and enjoyed watching the game even though the Cardinals lost.

I'm staying in a v. nice hotel in St. Louis - The Renissance Grand (unfortunately a Marriott location). The bathroom I can say just might be my "ideal" bathroom - awesome sink by Kohler (I'll try to get a pix of it) and a HUGE mirror with good lights above shining down. I'm sick of the crappy lighting in my apartment's bathroom so I'm happy to have good light to help me make myself pretty. Another crappy thing about renting: can't fix stuff light crappy lights in your bathroom cause you don't own it. Damnit.

1 Comments:

At October 20, 2005 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI - This is Lodahl.

So, I've been reading your blog for the last few months and haven't contributed. A lot like that guy in adult films that watches from the closet and doesn't really do anything. Well, it's time to come out.

Why now? Well, two reasons.

First, I'm in Boston right now. So, it seems fitting.

Second, speaking of hotel comments, I am staying in the most disgusting room that I've stayed at in my 6+ years of thrifty corporate travel.

First of all, when I walked in my room, I caught the whiff of well-aged urine. I know that begs the question, "How do you know what aged urine smells like?" C'mon, we all lived in AKP and know it's history.

That said, I can get past nasty smells in hotel rooms. You get used to that. However, if I take my shoes off and step in a wet puddle ... Well, gross. I'm guessing it isn't overflow from the Charles River.

So - let's say I could look past all that. As I lay my head to rest and pull back my stylish velvet comforter, I meet my trump ... Let's just say I hope the previous guests enjoyed their Merlot or V8 or whatever. Gross.

I will never stay at a Radisson again. Sorry for the rant ... but now that I'm out, I hope to contribute to your blog more often.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home