Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Am I crazy or is he a product whore?

I had talked in August about the guy in the David Spade Capital One commercial, who I think is also in the Pringles commercial where the customer in the grocery store eats the Pringles can. No one commented to confirm or deny if this was true, or to call me crazy.

So last night, I watch this cheesy-ass commerical for a car rental company - I'll call it Enterprise but I can't confirm or deny if that's the right one (NICE AD - no recollection of brand name). There's a guy that's a loser and rents a NICE car from unmemorable rental car company. Then, when he shows up at his 10 year reunion, all the ladies are like "Wow, you've really done well for yourself, Moose". I remember his nickname but not the brand.

I swear it's the same unnamed actor - Capital One plus Pringles + rental car company. And at least 2/3 are focused on him not being a non-descript actor. Quit whoring around, Mister. It's pissing me off.

I tried googling for his name and pix b/c obviously it would make this posting better, but I failed. Anybody has success they get $1.

I bet either Heidi or Bejota wins, they seem to be the best at these tests of true friendship tasks.

UPDATE: Thank you, new best friend Della, for confirming product whoring. Still don't know his name so you don't get $1. But I appreciate that you and Bubba also notice things like I do.

5 Comments:

At November 15, 2005 6:12 PM, Blogger Della said...

It is the same guy in all 3 commercials. Bubba and I have DVR-ed them just to watch them over and over because everyone thinks Bubba looks like that guy. I agree, he is whoring around. Get a real acting job or beat it!

 
At November 15, 2005 7:00 PM, Blogger Brad said...

His name is Nate Torrence.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1535594/

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c2coff=1&q=capitol+one+nate+torrence&spell=1

 
At November 15, 2005 10:20 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

Right as I read this, a Capital One commercial came on.

Q - What are the chances?
A - Pretty good, actually.

 
At November 16, 2005 12:21 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I'm excited to finally track down the "Cornering" guy from the Volkswagen commercial. Watching that commercial makes me happy! Thanks for that, Mr Torrence.

This was a comment from someone on imdb.com. Which only adds to the "quit whoring around - I don't even know what commercial this is. Is it similar to the one when people are test driving and pass a cop and this embarasses the salesman?

 
At November 16, 2005 12:24 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I first saw him in the Golden Grahams ad some years back, and thought he was a doll!

More from imdb.com - NATE TORRENCE you're a WHORE. Stop it. Stop it.

You're Wilt Chamberlin-ing the advertising community. Stop now.

Word identification: mcpek

 

Post a Comment

<< Home