Sunday, November 13, 2005

Bedtime: 4am

While I bitched incessantly about bar close in Minnesota being 1am when I was in college, I think I really liked it. Say you go out at 10pm for "a beer". Worst case, you're in bed at 1:30am. Sleeping. Same scenario except you start happy hour at 4:30pm. Worst case - 6.5 hours of drinking.

I'm sure Aaron Karo has ruminated about this, but I think it would be f-ing impossible to live in NYC b/c of bar time. Same scenario - happy hour or "a beer" all of a sudden you get back to your icky sketchy NY apt and it's f-ing 4am.

My reason for being snappy about this today:

Thursday
arrive EWR at 9:45pm
arrive Midtown 11pm
enter bar at midnight
bedtime 4:15am

Friday
arrive in line at party 8:20pm
get into party 9pm
go to club 11pm
go get pizza 2:45am
bedtime 3:45am

Saturday
dinner 8pm
meet up w/ Rob for "a couple of drinks" 10:15pm
second bar that had the strangest mix of people ever 11:30pm
bedtime 4am

It's ridiculous. I swear to you if I make it past 11pm tonight I'll be impressed with myself (I'll blog about my bedtime tonight for your viewing pleasure)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home