Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I thought my mom was the only one

I love my mom. We actually get along quite well. She is cool and nice.

But.

She continues to email me with bad news rather than giving me a call. And my bad news I mean
  • Bailey (the family cat we had 10 years) died last night.
  • Your Grandma W fell and is in the hospital. She might be ok.

Each time I get an email like this, I call her and say "MOM - please don't do that - give me a call instead to tell me bad news". Her reasoning for why she emails isn't as bad as you'd think - she gets up at the crack of dawn and sits down online to get news and do email. I honestly can say I'm glad that when the cat died I didn't get a 5:15am phone call - that would've sucked a lot. But I'd love if 7am or 8am or 9am meant bad news phone calls instead of checking a bad news email.

The reason I brought this up is that I was reading a girl's blog and she blogged about her mom doing the same thing - bad news emails. Her mom sent her a subject: "Grandma" email and a week later she was at her grandma's funeral. Mom - please don't make me have to blog that story someday...

1 Comments:

At November 30, 2005 9:43 PM, Blogger mkecurler said...

My mom leaves the voice mails that are full of despair. Thank god she won't do email! My mom also calls in the middle of the night- which I always freak out thinking something's wrong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home