Thursday, November 10, 2005

Makes sense

In a unanimous decision that was its first since the installation of Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr., the US Supreme Court ruled that companies must pay employees not just for the time it takes for them to put on protective clothing and gear before working, but also for the time it takes for them to walk from the place where they don the garb to the place where they work.

Where were these people working where they WEREN'T getting paid for this time? It makes sense to me that you would get paid.

But I also think it's funny when I'm told I'll get "paid training". I'm always like, no shit, you think I'm going to volunteer to go unpaid for required training? I just assume required work things are paid, but then again I don't work for an hourly wage so I guess I just don't understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home