Wednesday, November 02, 2005

To be continued...

Fun story that happened to me tonight:

Pre-story info to know: Instead of pulling a ticket at the MSP airport, you just scan your credit card when you get there and leave and it charges your credit card for your parking fee...

So I land in MSP from St. Louis. Prior to getting off the plane, I take my keys out of my bag and put my corporate AmEx in my pocket so I can pay for parking when I get out of the lot. I walk down the terminal, over to the tram, and take it to Red level 4. Put my bags in the car and then pull my credit card out of my pocket so I'm ready to go.

OOOOH wait - I didn't pull out my credit card b/c it wasn't there. F -- I look through my bags knowing that it's certainly not in my bags but instead missing from my pocket - I get out of my car like I'm going to trapse backwards through the whole airport and then realize who knows where my card might be within the massive, MSP - one of the 20 busiest airports in the world.

Good news: I drive out to one of the parking lot attendants, a Medicare aged woman who can look up when a credit card bearing my name scanned into the lot (Monday at 9:08am) and I can pay for my parking without the credit card I used when entering the log.

Bad news: No clue where my month old corporate AmEx is. If it's not turned in at the airport, I'll have to cancel it (annoying and makes me feel VERY blonde). I have to buy a $300 plane ticket this week, as well as a $300ish digital camera and $100ish jump drive. And leave for my next business trip in less than 2 weeks. And I won't have a replacement card for who knows how long.

Nice work Laura - way to plan ahead before getting off the plane. Last time I "plan ahead" bytches.

UPDATE: I called the airport lost and found and they didn't have anything there. So I called AmEx to cancel - they knew my card had been lost at the airport and it had already been cancelled and a new one will be delivered at no charge to me by 3pm tomorrow. Good service, AmEx.

2 Comments:

At November 03, 2005 9:50 PM, Blogger AMF said...

why are you getting a new camera? did i miss something on you are buying one?

 
At November 04, 2005 7:41 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I'm getting a digital camera for work... My SD200 is still rocking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home