Tuesday, November 15, 2005

VLOOKUP

I love you VLOOKUP. You make me happy. You allow me to complete many work projects in 5-8 minutes when I would otherwise be completing them manually and not finishing before my 32nd birthday. That makes me happy.

I know I'm not a nerd, so I don't talk about boring things very much, but this one time, at a party at the Barn where boys lived in college, I started talking about VLOOKUP (maybe that's why I never got a boyfriend?) and Shane Hillsley knew what it was and echoed my praises for the Excel function.

Anybody else want to join the I LOVE VLOOKUP CLUB? Accounts, finance people perhaps? Maybe Christina or Zippy? Natalie #1? Ooh - Natalie #1 once upon a time introduced me to auto filter - it also rocks my world but not quite as much as the big V.

On the tip, I also heart Text to Columns. It's second cousins with the big V because you sometimes need it to do VLOOKUP.

Apparently, Linda Johnson, MOS also loves VLOOKUP.

3 Comments:

At November 17, 2005 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura, my best friend that I've never met, VLOOKUP and Text to Columns are also MY favorite Excel functions! I use them all the time and pass on the good word of these tools onto the youth of my company.

 
At November 17, 2005 9:37 PM, Blogger Laura said...

I love you Roxie?

 
At February 24, 2006 8:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the craze at the office this week. On how to utilize the VLOOKUP function. Unfortunately, I'm one of the heavy excel users in the office but I haven't tried to use this function. My co-worker did a 30 seconds demo on this but, just a glance obviously didn't help me understand it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home