Saturday, December 17, 2005

I might be wrong? There's a first time for everything :)

I've been telling people that Anheuser Busch's seasonal beer Celebrate sucks. My mom was excited about it, but I had to give her my review when my dad and I had pints of Celebrate at Matt's Bar a few weeks ago.

Then I learned Sierra Nevada has a beer called Celebration. After reviewing the description of both beers, and realizing the Sierra Nevada's Celebration is on tap many places in Mpls, I think this might've been the beer that sucked. How confusing to name two beers practically the same name just to confuse me.

PS I highly recommend Schell's Snowstorm. From the website it sounds like their winter beer each year is called Snowstorm, but the formulation changes each year. Which makes sense why Julie didn't remember it tasting this good...

3 Comments:

At December 17, 2005 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was under the impression Celebrate was a Budweiser beer...it's actually under the Michelob brand. This article has pictures, more description than the previous one I read:
http://www.progressivegrocer.com/progressivegrocer/profitguides/beer/v2/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001478436
Anyway, who knows if we'll ever actually taste it??

 
At December 19, 2005 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that the Sierra Nevada Celebration sucks. It tastes like soap.

-Heidi

 
At December 19, 2005 10:27 PM, Blogger mkecurler said...

you need to drink Rogue Ales Christmas Beers....so yummy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home