Monday, December 12, 2005

March of the Penguins

I know that March of the Penguins was an improbable winner this year - it made a tidy $76M profit (the $8M budget helped). Yeah, surprise hit, the only people I knew that saw it in the theatre was my grandparents. I don't remember even one discussion with my friends about wanting to go see this movie. (I wonder if Americans would've loved it as much knowing it was originally a French movie and Morgan Freeman just did the narration for the American version... I don't care but everyone w/ their Freedom Fries and F the French might...)

However, as it came out recently on DVD, I pushed it to the top of my queue. And 4/8 of my "Netflix Friends" have it in their queue (and most have it at the top) , and one other friend has already watched it viaNetflix. Apparently, when this movie came out it INSTANTLY became a non-discussion movie and an instant add to Netflix among my peer group.

God bless Netflix! Long live Netflix!

PS If you're looking for a holiday gift for that "person who has everything", buy them a 3-month Netflix Gift Certificate. It's an awesome gift! Too bad I won't make commission if you click through my link...

1 Comments:

At December 13, 2005 10:19 AM, Blogger AMF said...

My sister-in-law saw it twice in the theater. Guess it was that good! Made xmas shopping easier, because I’m getting her a stuffed penguin. You’ll have to let know what you think of the movie too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home