Sunday, January 22, 2006

2005 Travelers' Choice Hidden Gems

I spotted this list published by Trip Advisor. This is "technically" my website of the day, even thought this posting title isn't named that. I realized that there are several websites I consult weekly if not daily that I haven't shared with y'all. I let the cat out of the bag w/ my Craigslist accolades, now I'm doing it for Trip Advisor.

My favorite Trip Advisor features are the fact that people can write in their reviews of hotels in bazillions of cities in which you may be planning a trip. I feel that their reviews are MUCH more honest and helpful than some sites that allow users' reviews - where the mgmt talks about restaurants having "GREAT service and yummy wings and the bad reviews of this place are bitter ex-employees." Um no - you're the un-bitter current employee writing the review. Annoying.

Anyway, Trip Advisor has good, believable reviews and is dedicated to every place I've ever vacationed. I give it 4/5 stars. If you have a travel guide site you like better, comment, ladies and gentlemen.

The list of "Hidden Gems" to visit before they get discovered...

1. Holiday Inn Charleston (Historic District), Charleston, S.C.
2. Palazzo di Pietro, Crete
3. Norwood Hotel, Lancashire, England
4. Residenza Cellini, Rome
5. Chateau des Ormeaux, Amboise, France
6. The Bungalows Hotel, Cabo San Lucas
7. Hotel Davanzati, Florence
8. Aparthotel Bonaire, Majorca, Spain
9. Living Waters Spa, Desert Hot Springs
10. Hotel Villas Las Anclas, Cozumel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home