Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Carlson School's expansion is U's highest priority

Again, why CSOM is special and everyone hates CSOM. The U is pushing for the expansion of CSOM, as I understand it a separate building will sit in the carpool lot next to CSOM with a skyway connecting the two buildings. I think the "official" plans will be revealed in March maybe? I'll be interested to see what it looks like.

Three things caught my eye in the article:
  1. 7/8 people that apply to CSOM are rejected - those accepted are usually in the top 5% of their HS class.
  2. CSOM graduates only about 450 business students annually, compared with the Big Ten business-school average of 1,000.
  3. Seventy-seven percent of our applicants are Minnesota residents, and half of undergraduate students are women.

I think the "better" a business degree from CSOM becomes, the more value in the degree I've already gotten from there. Is that true do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home