Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Forty percent done

In my 1,000 Places to See Before you Die Calendar, today's entry talked about America's Historic Homes, including:


  • Hearst Castle, San Simeon, CA
  • Biltmore Estate, North Carolina
  • Fallingwater, Pennsylvania
  • Monticello, Virginia
  • White House, Washington, D.C.

I've visited 40% of these, and curse myself for being within a 3 hour drive of both Monticello and Fallingwater and not making the trip. Damn.

I've never been to NC (or SC for that matter) so I don't feel as bad about the Biltmore...

2 Comments:

At January 17, 2006 6:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Winkie & Jim's "cabin" is near Asheville, NC, which is near the Biltmore. I think G&G Johnson toured it several years ago when they were out there.

 
At January 18, 2006 9:10 AM, Blogger AMF said...

If you ever visit NC, I can give you another place to visit (can't think of it right now). I did that tour a couple years ago because my brother lives in Charlotte. The Biltmore is worth seeing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home