Sunday, January 15, 2006

Highlights


Just got back from a low-key weekend in Chicago. I stayed with Amy and Marc and highlights of the weekend included:


  • Dinner at Sushi Samba w/ Zip and Oli and Amy and Marc. It was fancy and yummy - especially the beef rolls. Great atmosphere!
  • Getting to ride the El more than I have in quite a while. I heart public transportation.
  • Buying a nice pop-up map of Chicago. I don't "get" the layout of Chi as much as I'd like to so this is a step in the right direction. Also need to drive around Chicago for a couple of days through the neighborhoods.
  • Having FREE Flat Top. I'd gotten a birthday coupon that expires later this week and was happy to have a chance to use it. For the first time ever, I tried the soup option at Flat Top - the vegetable soup, not the sweet and sour. I give it two thumbs up and will probably have it again next time I'm at a Flat Top.
  • Finding out that there is a Zip and Oli wedding website. So dorky, but it is a pretty site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home