Thursday, January 12, 2006

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood

I'm here in MKE again for work and hot damn, I land at 11:30am, it's 50 degrees. Nice. I had an "interesting" meeting for work this afternoon, and got to chat w/ M. Dorey. He's living in Milwaukee and we exchanged business cards, so cliche but oh well - no harm done. I'm doing some work now and then am stoked for dinner w/ Lyn - likely yummy real Mexican here. Yum. Might make my first trip ever to the acclaimed (at least by cheeseheads) Boston Store if I have time tonight around dinner plans.

Tomorrow after a few meetings, I'm Amtraking to Chicago to stay w/ Zip for the weekend - not fulfilling my "I'll be back once a month!!!" statement made in October, but I was there in October, saw her in Vegas in November, was in Chi in December for NYE but didn't see her then, and am now here in January so I'm not doing too bad.

We'd love to go to the Bulls-Pacers game but tix are hard to come by since it's a big rivalry. If we get them, awesome. Otherwise "to dos" in Evanston include... going back to the store where I got the earrings I promptly lost, having sushi, seeing Amy/Marc, and possibly Todd.

Ooh, and meeting and falling in love with a cute MBAer who loves me back. Oh wait.

PS The travel continues as I used a voucher (read: free free free) to book to SFO the end of March/first weekend of April. A trip to Tahoe is in order considering I've skiied only once this winter and who knows how long MD will be based in SF.

1 Comments:

At January 15, 2006 11:19 PM, Blogger mkecurler said...

You went to the safe house! Funny!
You should call me when you are in MKE. Send me an email and i'll give you the cell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home