Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Looking for a Wedding Crasher

As I'm planning out my 2006 wedding calendar, flights to book, hotels to reserve, and presents to buy, I'm getting a little frustrated. Not that I don't like weddings, heck no - I heart weddings! I'm notorious for diving for the bride's bouquet (and winning it a fair amt of the time) and think generally, weddings are a great way to spend a night. If you're one of the weddings I'm attending, don't be alarmed, I'm stoked to get to attend your event!

HOWEVER, the thought of traveling to 4 out of state weddings without a date makes me not-so-happy. I like weddings - but I also like wedding dates, as in a mister to go with me... Booking hotel rooms in faraway locales without knowing I'll have a date is not the most fun thing in the world. I know, Alicia is going to go w/ me to Kerry's but that's 1/4...

If, and only if, I can't wrangle a "real" date for these weddings, be aware that if you are a single man who is my friend, a gay man who is my friend, or a girl friend who is fun-loving and likes me enough to possibly accompany me to one of the weddings of 2006 without us looking lesbianish, you "may" be getting a phone call from me with my formal invitation to be my "fake date". Just a fair warning.

1 Comments:

At January 19, 2006 8:30 AM, Blogger Alicia said...

What's the fourth wedding? Are you counting Matt and Jenny? I'll 90% sure be there as well. I can't pass up a trip to the STL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home