Saturday, January 28, 2006

Report from the road

I'm at the Flores-Hogan house and have internet access so I can holler at you and give you an update of my last few days. Trivia night was last night and went over very well - our team got 5th out of 20 - quite a respectable performance. There were 20 tables of 8 people and we went through 8 kegs - Alicia is you could calculate that out that'd be great. Also there was some wine and I think some people brought their own drinks...

Categories included, as best I remember:

St. Louis Trivia
All about Drew
Music
Supersize this (fast food category)
Years in Sports
Black Trivia
Places Juice has been
Captain Obvious
2 others I can't recall right now

UPDATE: The categories I forgot were 70s/80s Sitcoms and Potluck.

There were 2 Mpls questions and 1 Boston question which made me happy because they were gimmies. I contributed a fair amount to the team, and Jenny had a few answers that no one else knew which were quality. Gabe and Matt didn't suck it up for sports trivia so kudos to them. The rest of our team was Matt's sisters Angie and Katie and their boyfriends - I'd never met them so that was fun.

We headed to Cusamano's after trivia - and had more beers than necessary but it was fun. Pix of the coat check dude dancing were captured and will be posted soonish, promise. Today was spent laying in bed, watching TV, and avoiding the rain (how it rains and is crappy after being 60 yesterday is frustrating). Now we're getting ourselves together to start up another night of drinking, good times.

1 Comments:

At January 29, 2006 6:19 PM, Blogger mkecurler said...

Next time you are in Madison, you have to eat at Roman Candle! Check out the blog for the link.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home