Tuesday, February 07, 2006

I miss Bill! (can someone make bumper stickers?)

I've been listening to Mrs. King's funeral on NPR. It was more of a "celebration of life" than a funeral, so it was a good listen. I truly enjoyed all the people at the church hootin' and hollerin' during the funeral - at first I thought they were laughing or crying but realized after a while they're shouting out in agreement with the speakers.

It was very sad to hear both Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton speak at the funeral - and to some degree, even Bushy #1. I had truly almost forgotten what it's like to have a President who can deliver a speech so damn well - Clinton is such a good speaker it makes me even more embarrassed about W. Superb joke delivery, poinant and insightful words - he even manages to sound smart with his Southern accent.

And while he's speaking I'm not imagining him wearing the I'm-clever-or-just-pooped-my-pants look that W. favors.

PS I have a new template - I think it's calming and nice. Consider this your notice in case you use RSS and don't actually visit my pretty blog.

4 Comments:

At February 07, 2006 4:51 PM, Blogger Brad said...

I am actually in the process of making some bumper stickers at webdecal.com, will let you know how they turn out.

 
At February 07, 2006 4:52 PM, Blogger Brad said...

ps i am NOT making "i miss bill" bumper stickers...

 
At February 07, 2006 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's always been my opinion of W as well...he probably avoided speech class in college until his last semester!

 
At February 09, 2006 10:30 AM, Blogger Laura said...

I definately had a dream last night that Bill Clinton ran for the presidency in 2008 and won. In my dream I justified it by comparing him to Cleveland w/ split terms.

I know this wouldn't work though because even if you take a break of 8 years 2 terms is the max. Apparently, in my dream this was forgotten.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home