Thursday, February 23, 2006

She's a swinger

Sandra Day O'Connor is visiting the U to speak at a UMAA event on Tues May 23 8pm - who thinks it would be "fun" to go? OK, maybe fun is an overstatement, but I think it'd be v. interesting... Alicia and I attended a panel of speakers on how the news media has changed in the last 40 years at the JFK Center last year and it was cool - and we lowered the average age by a good 35 years.

Tickets are currently on sale - $40 and $5 off /w UMAA membership. My thoughts are that no one will want to go since Alicia is in DC that day, but I'd like a buddy to go with. Maybe someone related to law/politics - which brings me to either lawyer Heidi or poly sci major Gabe.

Surprise me - tell me you think this'd be wicked fun to go to and I'll put in our ticket order.

PS This article puts a spin on the new justices to the court and makes it sound not so bad...

1 Comments:

At February 23, 2006 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll go with you forsure. Especially since my $40 (sadly, I'm not a UMAA member) includes dinner.

-Heidi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home