Sunday, March 05, 2006

Are you familiar?

Once again, the CBS Sunday Morning show caused me to google almost constantly - because it talks about fun things and my inquisitive mind wants to look things up and learn more. This time, it's a yummy drink from Turin. I didn't blog much about the Olympics since I only watched about 7 minutes of the Games, so here's my ode to Turin: Bicerin.

A bicerin is the traditional drink of Turin, Italy. It has been made there since the mid 1700s, essentially unchanged over the past nearly 250 years. It is a mixture of milk and chocolate (locally produced in Italy), coffee and whipped cream. You get three mini-pitchers of the three parts of the drinks and then make-it-yourself at your table.

I'll add this to my list of reasons why I need to go back to Italy.

2 Comments:

At March 05, 2006 8:20 PM, Blogger AMF said...

I'll remember that for the next time I go back to Italy too. It looks yummy.

 
At March 05, 2006 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read about it in the newspaper food column and thought it sounded like as good a reason as any to go to Italy
Jeanne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home