Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Avocado

I like avocados but rarely buy them because I buy them when I want to use them, and then they aren't ready and when they're ready I forget. But tonight's purchase I will use as a test to see if I'm responsible enough now to buy avocados. I'll keep you updated.

PS I found a note online about growing your own avocado. I hate plants but a plant that gave me an avocado is a whole different. Has anybody ever attempted washing their avocado's pit, putting it in water, and seeing what happens?

3 Comments:

At March 08, 2006 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They sell avocados with stickers that read, "ready to use." They usually really are ready, too.

 
At March 08, 2006 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI
yes I have several times "grown" an avocado pit, but unless you live in a place like San Diego or have an immense conservatory (Como Park?) you will not likely get any fruit....that said they are nice towering leafy plants anyway and it is fun to see that big seed split.
Jeanne

 
At March 13, 2006 5:20 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Jeanne is my Aunt Jeanne from Seattle if you're wondering...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home