Saturday, March 04, 2006

British pronunciation of the day

Since this is my first British pronunciation of the day posting, I'm going to explain it:

Sometimes I hear a word pronounced with a British accent, and instantly I love it. Think the scene from Love, Actually in the Milwaukee bar with all the girls.

Today's word is privacy. Said by the Brits, they use a short i sound instead of the long i as we say it, and it's priv-a-cy instead of pri-va-cy. It's super fun.

If you have any favorite British words, holla. And I don't mean "flat" instead of apartment, I'm talking regular words with a fun pronunciation.

1 Comments:

At March 06, 2006 5:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have brittish pronunciations but I used to live with two candiens in NYC and Pasta is Pass-ta and Garage is Ger-aj and so on -Brandon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home