Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Deal or no deal

I predicted this was on it's way and NWA has finally announced that it will start charging for aisle seat and exit row options in a test program. It was no surprise that the morning news where I first heard this announced dramatized the change - in the Trib it more rationally announced that "On domestic flights there will be no extra fee attached to about 95 percent of the seats in coach." The morning news anchors started making statements about everything costing you - even made a joke about having to pay to be issued a boarding pass.

I expect for other airlines to follow, as they all piggyback on each other's policies. I think if I'm on a 4 hour flight and for $15 can get an exit row that's worth it. I'm rarely assigned middle seats because I book early and since I'm not so wide I'm not usually bothered by it - but again, a 3-4-5-6 hour flight makes all the difference.

I'm trying to decide how much I'd pay for the exit row seat on a international flight - $50? Sooo worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home