Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Missour-a

I'm enjoying my first visit to Springfield, MO, home of:
  • Missouri State (formerly SW Missouri) - where they're pissed about their team not making the tourney
  • Bass Pro Shops -Cabela-ish
  • Grizzly.com - website that sells big saws and has big ass warehouses
  • People that shop/work in grocery stores that look BROKEN. 25 yr olds that look 45. Imaging how the 45 yr olds look...
  • People that pronounce "44" farty-far
  • A billboard stating that "Camping without Natural Light is like camping without a tent." I messed it up - it's actually "Camping without Natural Light is just sleeping outside." I got the jist, but screwed up the quote (and didn't take a pic cause my boss would've thought I was crazy...) How true it is...
  • And best of all - only 30 short miles to Branson!!!

I'll be home tomorrow.

UPDATE: How could I, a loyal Star Magazine reader, forget that this is the home of BRAD PITT (his parents have a big development on the edge of town and his brother was pictured on a billboard advertisement I saw) as well as the golfer that died in a plane crash - Peyton something? Too lazy to google for it right now.

3 Comments:

At March 16, 2006 9:44 AM, Blogger AMF said...

Did you get some drinks while you were there? I got a 22oz draft for $1.50 when I was visiting!

 
At March 16, 2006 9:45 AM, Blogger Brad said...

you should flickr a photo of said billboard...

 
At March 24, 2006 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Payne Stewart - died near Aberdeen,SD. Grandma J was sad - she likes to "watch" golf while she sews.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home