Sunday, March 05, 2006

More art I like!

Thank you to my favorite show that I watch religiously now that I can DVR things - the CBS Sunday Morning show. It's on from 8-9:30am so I watched it maybe quarterly in real time. Now it's one of my favorite shows to watch on DVR (more on the joys of DVR in another posting).

Today, it shared with me the art of David Hockney. I'm sure I should've already been familiar with him but I wasn't. I've always liked portraits more than other art subjects, and his portriats incorporate comedy and aren't always flattering to the subjects (which I enjoy). I think they're super fun, example below:


Unfortunately, I no longer live in Boston and thus can't pop over to Boston's MFA for the show, but luckily, I will be in Southern California when the show comes to the Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Look at me - planning art trips 6 months in advance...

I also have a trip planned next time I'm in St. Louis to visit an exhibit I think looks interesting - Impressionist Camera: Pictorial Photography in Europe at the St. Louis Art Museum. Maybe I'm just a late bloomer when it comes to art and I'm in puberty right now? It's a theory.

2 Comments:

At March 05, 2006 12:56 PM, Blogger Alicia said...

See - you do like art. I know Beth had a Hockney print in her bedroom for a while...do you remember that? I'm trying to remember if there's any Hockney at the MIA. Maybe the Weisman?

 
At March 05, 2006 1:02 PM, Blogger Laura said...

Probably at the Weisman because he was commissioned to do a portrait of the Weismans...

They did not like it because he made fun of Mrs. Weisman's teeth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home